Leliana Vess, Defier of Demons

Leliana Vess, Defier of Demons
Black Magic shall rule over all

Thursday, March 18, 2010

watashi no koto wo

My name is Francisco Rosario, & I live in Brooklyn, New York. My main hobbies are video games, Anime, Manga, Martial Arts, & computers.
In video games, my favorite genres are fighting games & RPG's, but I'll play any game that interests me. My favorite RPG's are Final Fantasy X, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, & Persona 3:FES. My favorite fighting games are Street Fighter, Arcana Hearts, Fate: Unlimited Codes, & Melty Blood. I play just about every fighting game under the sun, & I'm still trying to get better (I'm still rather bad). The fighting games I've been playing right now are Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6, & Blazblue. Can't wait for SSF4, BB:CS & Arcana Heart 3. I have a PS3, PS2, PS1, X-Box 1, Gamecube, Sega Geneses & various Gameboys. I have about 16 games for the ps3 (had that for about 4 months). I have about 100-something games for the ps2 (my fav console, had it for about 7 years). I have about 20-30 something games for the ps1 (had that for about 14 years). I have about 20-30 something games for the X-Box 1 (had that for about 4-5 years). I have literally 2 games for the Gamecube (had that for about a year & it just sits & collects dust). Finally, I have 4 games for the Sega Geneses (had that for about 16 years but games for that can be hard to find). I pretty much collect video games, & hope to one day give then to my kids if I ever have any.
Like most people my age I am very into anime & manga. I'll watch any anime that interests me as long as it isn't Yaoi. My favorite animes are Fate/Stay Night, Mai-Hime, Mai-Otome, Strawberry Panic, & Ikki Tousen. My main favorite genres are Action, Fighting, Yuri, & Comedy, & some of my favorite animes feature alot of these genres. My favorite anime character ever is Saber from Fate/Stay Night. My favorite mangas are Ruroni Kenshin & Negima. My favorite manga character is Sakurazaki Setsuna from Negima. I also love history, like the Romance of the Three Kingdoms & the Meiji Restoration.
In martial arts, I was taught Boxing by my mother, & I formally studied Karate & Taekwondo. However I gained a distaste for current martial arts because I do not like how controlled kumite competitions are in Karate & Taekwondo. They put so much focus in protecting the well-being of the practitioners that what you do in a competition is completely removed from real fighting. In real fighting, you can & will be hit below the belt & in the head. After reading Bruce Lee's Fighting Method, I now use Jeet Kune Do along with my other styles. I won't call it a name, but I just say my own unique style. However, if I could, I would definitely want to learn Bajiquan style Kung-Fu, Ninjutsu, & Aikido.
In my spare time I enjoy doing all these things, as well as spending time with my sister, looking up random things online, reading, & writing. I also write fanfics on fanfiction.net, under my pen name Harold Hoerwick. I am currently writing a Magic:The Gathering/Negima crossover story, which I haven't updated in the past 2 years (lol). I am glad to say though that the next chapter is (finally!) coming out soon. I one day hope to publish at least one book.
I am also a member of the website Shoryuken.com, the greatest website you could ever go to for fighting games. I am an active member of the "Brooklyn thread" ( as we like to call it) & personally think we are one of the most connected & active groups on the Atlantic north. If you live in New York & want to play, drop by & let us know!
I have certain friends who are going to probably pop up quite often in the course of this blog, so here are some names & background info:
1) Joseph Matos: my best friend from high school. To avoid confusion, he will now be known as Joe.
2) Booty: Real name is Joseph, he is a friend from SRK & the holder of the BK sessions.
3) Florence: One of my best friends from high school, she is ridiculously friendly & cheerful.
4) Raymond: A best friend from high school who will unfortunately be moving to Queens
5) Rose : my sister.
Know them, love them, appreciate them. & don't eat their tacos.

Primarily this blog is going to be talking about the games I play & animes I watch. I'm probably going to try to update weekly, but don't be surprised if I don't post for a while after this. Not much happens day to day you know. Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment