Leliana Vess, Defier of Demons

Leliana Vess, Defier of Demons
Black Magic shall rule over all

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Received most of my purchases from Ebay in the past week.

The Monster Hunter Doujinshi turned out to be a giant compilation volume featuring the first five doujinshi in the series. It really is very nice; it’s great to be able to read this in my hands rather than through my computer screen. Very glad I made the purchase as the quality is very nice. For anyone interested, get these, even if you’re not a fan of Monster Hunter; the art is amazing.

Also received the Arcana Heart manga series. I haven’t really finished reading the second volume because I’ve been playing Dissidia and Poke’mon Platinum almost all weekend as well as doing some cleaning, but I’ll talk about it more once I get the chance to read it.

I also received the set of 20 screws for my psp. I have an older psp-1000 that broke, but I’ve been purchasing some parts to fix it. Basically, one day when I had noticed that there was dust trapped underneath the screen, I decided to open it up to clean. Funny thing is, that if I was smart I would’ve purchased a plastic casing and screen protector for it and wouldn’t have had to deal with the shit in the first place. Funny hindsight. Anyway, I had no real idea at the time of how to open it, so I basically just took the smallest screwdrivers that I had at the time and started unscrewing everything. Thing is, I didn’t know that there were two screws in the battery case that you must remove to remove the casing. I did not want to do this at the time because doing so cancels out the warranty. Long story short, the casing cracked a little, I couldn’t clean anything, and since I didn’t screw everything in all the way, two of the screws fell out. This thus means that you could literally open up the PSP with your hands. Then since there was not enough pressure on the analog nub, the analog nub was stuck reading as up/left if you did nothing with it, and if you press down the PSP itself, you could move it around but going up was very slow. After talking with my high school friend Neo, he diagnosed it as a pressure problem caused by the screws not being screwed in. Analog nubs go specifically by pressure, so if there’s a lack of it, it will not read correctly. Since I had a defective PSP at a time where I wasn’t going to be able to fix it easily, I decided to just say fuck it, and buy a brand new PSP so that I could play some of the new games on it. Didn’t regret it at all. However, now that I have an Ebay account and can purchase the necessary items, I’ve decided to fix it myself and get some custom firmware on it, with a little help from Neo, since he has a Pandora battery. Now that I received the screws, all I’m waiting on is the new white faceplate to replace the broken one. I’ll let you guys know when everything is done. And I am definitely getting a screen protector and case for this one. I am not letting this one die on me too.

Edit: Will post pics of the Ebay items when I get the chance.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you aren't going to use the defective PSP, I'm frankenstining one at the moment and could use the parts.

    Mew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ? I am using it? thats the one I'm getting Neo to mod.

    ReplyDelete